photo Cindyabout.png photo cindyspacing.png photo cindyhome.png photo cindyspacing.png photo cindyblog.png

July 6, 2013

Mistake Noted and Lesson Learned!

Have you ever wondered why you've said "yes" to some commitments and then later regret that decision very much?  And then the day comes when *that* choice creeps into your conscience only to hear a familiar voice utter the words:  "what did I just do?"

That day has come and now it is almost history, thus far.  
And it's Sabbath no less.

Fence #7
Nature's Fence protecting a Narrow Path
 in Northern New Mexico
pic by Eric Lang
This is a day that I ought to have been resting, laying aside all that demands of my body and mind labeled as work!  Not for the reason that rest is demanded of me, because my Father Yahweh doesn't force His will, but gently guides and directs His ways (His commandments) for my good, but on the grounds that my Father has given me a very special gift that I'd really like to enjoy as Deuteronomy 5:12 says,

Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you."

That's not a demand.  It's a command as a father would instill into his child a direction to follow a certain path of life out of love and protection for her well-being.

Deeper still, it is because I am learning how to love Him, and obeying His commandments is how He says I can do that.   Yeshua says in John 14:15, 21

If you love me, keep my commands."

"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

In other words...

"Rest child, because I love you, that's why!" - the Father implies.

Can you just hear Him sigh:

"Just try it; I promise you will really like this one."

Sometimes  Most times we just don't get it until we look back and realize that we've missed out on something pretty special.  We can probably agree that when Yahweh repeats a word over and over it's
because He either means serious business or He wants to hand over something extraordinary.

And that's how much He loves!

Oh how I wish I could change the clock back a month when I made this unsaid very unwise decision.  It is one that, as a person that enjoys helping others in their time of need, ends in a bit of a butt-kicking (mine) in the form of a very sore body, an aggravated husband, and a feeling of being taken advantage.  I dislike that very much.

Oh how I wish I could have heeded to that still small Voice that most likely was whispering "No!  I have something better for you."  Alas, instead I was listening to my own selfish need of pleasing man, unfortunately.

So, today I went to work out of a worldly commitment to mankind, I gave permission to my eldest daughter without discussing with my husband over a thing (and I really never do this), and I came home and baked home-made bread for our dinner tonight, which is currently smelling oh so yummy, but that's beside the point...ahem. 

 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done." Genesis 2:2-3  

And *that's* the point!

So what's the solution to my apparent dilemma?  Learn from my mistakes and poor choices and get on with Life, Truth, Love, and Obedience!  Put a stop to the guilt trip that Satan would love nothing better to do but to trip me up with.

Lesson:



Jeremiah 17:7-8
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
    whose confidence is in him 

They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.”

1. Think and ask the Father what He thinks before I say "yes" to anything ... or even offer to do.
2. Seek, ask and discuss with the husband ... similar to #1.  Huh, interesting (earthly practice maybe?)
3. Make bread ahead of time...even if it will not be hot right out of the oven!
4. Take advantage of God's gift of rest.
5. Hear and do, Live and learn, Move on and move forward!













There is a path that is narrow and unpopular, yet comes with instructions. This Way takes faith, strength and courage in Yahweh to walk it out.
Then there is a wide path of brush (on the other side of Nature's Fence) that lends to tripping and falling and getting lost in the thick of life only to come out bruised and bloody and completely confused.  

I'm not sure that I even have to ask which side you'd choose...

Shabbat Shaloam! everyone and now I choose Yahweh's Rest.

Remembering who I am...
                                                      Cindy

2 comments:

Sabrena said...

Blessed Sister,
You ALWAYS have just the words I need, just when I need them!
I so totally admire your insight into God's word, and the ways that you relate them to your life and current circumstances (whatever they may be at the time)!
I love you and am so blessed by the words that I read........
You are a blessing!
Sabrena

CindyJane said...

Thank you, Sabrena! It's good to my soul to hear your words of affirmation. I love you, too, sister!!